5 ways you can fight homelessness locally and how Infinite is helping out
A study published by Swindon’s local Homelessness charity, Threshold Housing Link. This study showcases that those experiencing homelessness/resorting to sleeping rough in Swindon have significantly harder challenges to face. With above-average rates of being in local authority care, poorer mental health, higher Class A drug use and an increased incarceration rate. this is when compared to the general population as a whole. Whilst most respondents were registered with a GP, poor health was endemic, and a significant number were either not in receipt of treatment or felt that the treatment on offer did not fully meet their needs. Rates of self-harm and attempted suicide were high and of those admitted to hospital or in attendance at A&E, almost half were discharged back to the streets.
There is a strong need for greater support locally, and here is where Infinite decided to get involved.
What you could do
As a business, we have chosen to sponsor Threshold Housing Link this year, Swindon’s homelessness charity. This is how you could play a part as well…
· Volunteer! – Keep an eye on our social media for announcements about events we can help with, either locally or virtually! For example, We recently sponsored a local concert to celebrate Threshold’s 50th anniversary!
· Amazon Smile! – You can indirectly donate to Threshold by using THIS link to shop on Amazon. 0.5% of the sale price will go straight to our chosen charity! We have already done this to make sure any supplies we purchase from Amazon are benefitting our chosen charity.
· Like, share and engage! – Social media is a powerful tool to use to help reach as many people as possible and raise awareness of Threshold’s great cause. Follow them HERE on Facebook.
· Donate! – If you’d prefer to make a contribution in cash – you can do that directly by following THIS link
· Get involved! – We’re planning a lot of exciting fundraising events this year, from Bake sales to sponsored runs, please get in touch with the Social and Charity committee HERE and keep an eye on our internal newsletters.
“We’re delighted to be supporting this amazing local cause and hope you will share in our excitement for all the things to come!” – Ioana, Head of Charity and Social Committee